First of all, there will be no blood and gore in this story. I’m not saying someone won’t die, their death will be a mystery, that’s all.
I am a connoisseur of murder mystery books and shows. One thing I’ve learned, the writers have a formula, or pattern, just like quilters. Am I right?
Someone’s found dead, the killer shows up early in the story (you just don’t know it yet), a detective is involved in solving the crime.
I’m mulling around a few ideas for how to run this mystery quilt. While none of these are set in stone, here’s a hint of what to expect.
- Clues start in September 2023
- There will be 5 suspects and 5 quilt blocks
- The detective will be a bit clumsy but loveable
- The characters will be introduced every week after a fabric pull introduction and followed by a “who done it” quilt block arrangement
- You’re invited to share your quilt progress along with your “who done it” clue discussion here on this blog and on my Facebook and Instagram pages
- I still need a catchy name for the story, one that will make a good hashtag for social media
- Hashtags will help to find other quilter’s progress and thoughts
- Story clues will be provided by email and include a link to a downloadable pdf for your quilt block directions and fabric suggestions
- The planned size of the quilt will be a lap size
Why am I doing this crazy fun thing?
- I love murder mysteries and mystery quilts
- I hope to make new quilt friends
- I like to see how other quilters chose colors
- Sometimes people can feel isolated and want to participate in a group activity without traveling and spending a bunch of money (so they can buy more fabric, patterns and machinery)
- This mystery quilt is completely free
- Warning——I am not a mystery writer (but a good quilt block writer) and these characters and events are totally out of my imagination
I hope you can sign up, many of you already have, thank you!